• To ensure the cut and fill is balanced in order to reduce the cost of importing or exporting of earthwork required for the project proposed;
• To enable the contractor to estimate the time and the cost for the proposed project
Calculating area & volume - It’s one of the most important aspects before starting a project
• Area calculating can relate to the purchase or sale of land;
• Division of a land;
• Determining the area you have available for your proposed project
An isopachyte is created to determine the difference in height between a model and a design.
It is a very good practise in monitoring a landfill, over a period of time.
The two surveys are compared and an isopachyte is calculated to show the movement in height.
Cross & long section
Switching between the plan and profile view. A cross or long section is a process in determining the elevation of a series of points.
Whether it’s for?
• Ditch section for a better understanding of the levels;
• Or simply to study the land formation